Diagrams are a great way to understand your data and plan how you are going to use it. Using tools such as Lucidchart, you can create diagrams to share with your team.
You can incorporate a variety of icons, including Splunk icons, into your diagrams. Lucidchart has a wide range of icons built in, including AWS and Google Cloud Platform, which you can select from the ‘Shapes’ menu. To install Splunk items, you’ll need to take a few additional steps.
Getting Splunk icons in Lucidchart:
- Download and unzip Visio stencils from the Splunk Wiki
- In Lucidchart, click on ‘Shapes’ (in the sidebar)
- At the bottom of the pop-up, click on ‘Import Shapes’
- Select ‘Add to New Library’ and upload the unzipped file you downloaded in step 1.
- Click on the ‘New Library’ title and change the name to something meaningful, such as Splunk Icons
- You will see the Splunk icons in the ‘Shapes’ sidebar on the left.
Once you have installed all the relevant libraries, using the icons in diagrams is as simple as drag-and-dropping them into place. Lucidchart makes it simple to add and customise links and text between the icons, so you can draw up a high-quality diagram, with easily understandable icons, in no time.
To re-use the icons in a new diagram once you have imported them, simply click the ‘+ shapes’ button, navigate to ‘My Libraries’ and select the ‘Splunk Icons’ library you installed earlier.
For 2021 we’ve committed to posting a new Splunk tip every week!
If you want to keep up to date on tips like the one above then sign up below:
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular updates from iDelta, including news and updates, information on upcoming events, and Splunk tips and tricks from our team of experts. You can also find us on Twitter and LinkedIn.